A recent class-action lawsuit filed by the owner of The Crescent Plaza Hotel against Zurich American Insurance Co. in the Northern District of Illinois illustrates the reappearance of one of the arguments litigated numerous times. The Crescent Plaza Hotel’s suit alleges Zurich’s addition of a Communicable Disease Endorsement to its manuscript commercial property policy at renewal implies coverage for COVID-19 losses existed prior to the inclusion of the Communicable Disease Endorsement, according to the case filing.
- Guy Carpenter partners with insurtech RiskGenius on silent cyber risk
- The Challenges of Leading an InsurTech; What’s Next for RiskGenius?
- Stories+Words+Machines: A Nerd’s Formula for Building an InsurTech
- COVIDigation Nation: Why So Many Cases? Are More Coming?
- Hotel’s COVID-19 lawsuit hinges on policy renewal language